Not available November 24? Don’t worry. Register now and we’ll send you the replay link to watch at your convenience.
One of the most difficult — and under-appreciated — challenges of ADHD is managing the intense emotions and moods that can hijack everyday life for children and adults alike. Emotional dysregulation — or the inability to properly modulate and regulate feelings — is a formidable problem for many people with ADHD.
Yet standard treatments for ADHD, designed to optimize attention, only partially address emotional regulation. Because emotional control is not a struggle unique to people diagnosed with ADHD, we can benefit from what is known about managing tantrums and anger when they occur in association with other conditions. Indeed, there are proven and effective approaches to treat emotional dysregulation, and they differ for children and adults.
In this webinar, you will learn about:
- The causes of emotional dysregulation and why it is an integral part of ADHD
- The most effective psychosocial treatments for children with ADHD
- The most effective psychosocial treatments for adults with ADHD
- The interplay of ADHD medication and emotional dysregulation
- Lifestyle changes and habits to manage concerns about anger and emotionality
- Other conditions that should be considered if tantrums or anger are the main challenges
Have a question for our expert? There will be an opportunity to post questions for the presenter during the